If there is one time I see Sumit really content cooking is at the Grill. At the onset of summer, we finally bought our grill and it’s been a super duper hit. Making us ask ourselves: 'Why did we wait for so long?'
A few of our evenings are spent grilling and chilling on our deck. The kids can play with bubbles; we happily chat after a long day at work with the delicious smells of the grill food, relax and enjoy the city view!
Here was the super appropriate gift for him this 'Father's day':
As we explore this grilling journey, we are realizing there are not many recipes out there outside of vegetarian burgers, grilled vegetables with salt and peppers. As foodie's out here, that is great but definitely not enough.
So I introduce another tag today' Vegetarian Grilling'
Hence we are exploring and experimenting. Some success and some failures.
Here is one of the recipes: Spinach & Kale Stuffed Peppers:
The best part of this, they follow my rule of 'Quick Food Fix'
Spinach & Kale Stuffed Peppers:
1. 3 to 4 peppers: Here are used the sweet peppers and split in half, feel free to use regular peppers and take the cap off.
2. Spinach- 1 bunch
3. 2 to 3 Kale Leaves destalked
4. 1/2 cup of frozen corn
5. Goat Cheese: About 1/2 cup
6. Spices: Dried Oregano leaves, Red pepper Flakes, Saunf/ Fennel Seeds, Salt- to taste
1. On a pan, on medium heat, add 2 tsp of olive oil, add the fennel seeds
2. Add finely chopped spinach and kale leaves. Saute for 2-3 minutes
3. Add spices and corn. Saute for 1-2 minutes
4. Add 1 tsp of goat cheese and switch off the gas.
5. Stuff the split peppers with the spinach Saute, top with goat cheese and take it to the grill
6. Grill for 5 minutes till smoky