Tuesday, March 18, 2014

School House Rocks!!

It was like a Wren & Martin lesson... but with more music and more fun!

That was my take anyaway.
For my 6 year old: This was the best SHOW ever.
The School House Rocks LIVE! in our favorite kids theatre was a very mesmerising collection of basic English rules and stuff packaged in fun, sing song alongs and interactive representation.

For me, I know, Grammar was not my forte, writing that as a blogger, puts me to shame, I know. But trust me, having this fun way of showing what adverbs are and what subject-predicate it would have been so good.

Though I was deprived, I am glad my 6 year old was not. She loved the songs and would sing along the tables etc. I think the best part now is, she reminds us what a adverb is, what a noun is as she speaks. It is making her think a little before speaking.

In addition, considering how simple Mariott theatre is my daughter got to meet the actors outside and chat with him and take pictures and countless hi-fives. It was so much fun!

I do recommend parents of 1st graders onwards take the kids. It makes them realise, grammar can be fun if you think about it.

Currently Schoolhouse Rocks is playing till May 4:
Chicago - The Marriott Theatre for Young Audiences, 10 Marriott Drive in Lincolnshire, presents the live musical production of the Emmy Award-winning 1970's cartoon, Schoolhouse Rock Live!. from February 28 through May 4. The musical is directed by the original co-creator of the show, George Keating, with choreography by Ericka Mac and music direction by Ryan T. Nelson. The beloved musical teaches history, grammar, math, science and politics through clever and tuneful songs. 


Note: I received four tickets for review for free. No other compensation was involved. The views expressed above are solely my own and my 6 year old's

No comments: