Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Moments of Madness....

Another contest... this time for the mug from Pringoo...
This one is for the "Moments of Madness" for Blogadda.

1. The one that instantly to my mind was... my Bucket list.. line 43: Confused... It was our sky dive. A simple afternoon, just seeing an amazing deal for an option to sky dive..to willingly jump off a plane. I ask my FIL and he says: Why Not.. I will do it also. My husband is shocked and says.. What the hell.. Let me join my father and wife.. in jumping off a plane at 12500 feet with 10F temperature. Perfect. Apparently there were 12 other crazy people like us. We signed up together. Drove 60 miles to get there, comfort in numbers they say. And then the time came, the jump... 12500 feet to 6000 feet in 60 seconds. The best free fall.. and the mad moments... when you grin with happiness.. and want to do this One more time.

2. Being in the car with my husband driving at 100 mph right behind a cop's car.. on the infamous I-5 drive from Los Angeles to Chicago. It was our first new years together as Husband and Wife... and nothing better than to go Lombard street and experience the sheer madness. It was a perfect afternoon... the freeway was clear, the breeze was in our faces.. and we were listening to our melodious numbers. California is great that way...before we knew it.. we were at 100 mph right behind a unmasked cop car... we drove behind it for 20 miles, then the cars came side by side. I freaked out. The cop smiled, winked and gave us thumbs up. One crazy afternoon I tell you.

3. Our 15 mile per hour drive from the hospital to our home with our two day old daughter V. We were just being super carful. Cars were passing us; people were giving us the "look". But we were scared... as first time parents. It was truly a ride ahead. We realized then... we were madly in love with the new addition to our family.

4. In the college canteen, as usual, a bunch of us were bumming around with our coffee cups. Bunking all possible classes (Shh..). One of my friends explaining to me how electricity flows through the headphone from my walkman to the ear buds. He spoke, I listened. Then he pressed the wire.. and then explained... oh you can’t hear anything since I have the wire pressed. I was confused and shocked and amazed.. since I honestly could not hear the music. So by pressing the wire, electricity stopped flowing.... What I didn’t realize was that he was conniving and he removed the battery from my walkman! What to say... I was naive.. and super mad at him and at myself. Never been than embarrassed and mad at the same time! Needless to say.. I aced my Electrical Engineering and masters program. No seriously, I did.

5. In my eyes.. my brother and my husband... are super Poker players.. I can come to the final four, the final three... but get my behind kicked by these two guys in poker. Seriously. It gets personal when its poker with them. So one night.. the three of us and some friends got together for a poker night. With slow elimination... the eight became three... once again, three family members on poker table. And.. I came in final two.. .. and then I was heads up.. and I kicked their ass.. and won against the seven players.. and the certain two.. who have shamelessly done the happy dance in front of me too many times. Needless to say.. this time.. I was not the one being mad..The one thing that I heard that night way too many times: "How the hell did you make that call!" haha!!! Doesn't matter.. since "I Won I won" Fair and Square.

:-D
Life is not one big story.... but a combincaiton of small, crazy, happy, sad ones.. which makes it a whole load of fun!

7 comments:

Shilpa said...

How did you do sky diving... I would die if I ever were made to do it :D
Gr8 going girl!!!

Garima said...

@ Shilpa... You'd be surprised girl... It is one thing you MUST do at least once!

Anonymous said...

It's a combo of stores indeed!
A Super read... :)
Loved the car race with cop, and the Wonder Poker Night!!! Awesome!!! Ahh.. The sweet taste of victory eh!? ;-)

Have fun, girl... and write on...

Someone is Special said...

Hey you did sky diving.. Can't imagine.. Good One for sure..

I wish you a good luck...

Saravana Kumar - Moments Of Madness

Yours Frendly,
Saravana Kumar M

Garima said...

@Kavisionz... I love the vicotry dance man..especially if its against the two brags.. hehe

@ Saravana..> Thaks.. same to you.. reading yous entry now. How exciting these contests are.

Bikramjit Singh Mann said...

excellent madness moments , I agree with you on the skydive ,, it really is a mad moment the free fall, and then the landing and thinking SHUD GIVE IT ANOTHER GO :)

and yeah as you pointed out i would say too One shud do it at least ONCE...

my car race wit hthe cop ended in a different story, almost getting a speeding ticket , in oz where traffic is SO SLowwwwwwwww the very first day got out of airport rented a car, on to highway 10 minutes into it .. I am stopped SPEEDING :) luckily it was a good cop warned me and left me phewwww

all the best for the contest...

Garima said...

@Bikramjit.... Phew.. thank god.. its a warning.. I hate tickets.. especially the speeding ones.. Just increase the speed limit man!